Also: Bruce Hoffbauer Candidate for Hamilton County Sheriff Joins EmpowerU
This is a Virtual Only Event
Retired UC Political Science Professor, Al Tuchfarber, returns to Empower U to handicap the 2020 elections for President, the Senate, and the House. He will:
- Review the latest polls and explain if they are going to be right or wrong this year.
- Review the strengths and weakness of Biden and Trump.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the campaigns that have been waged.
- Highlight the key states that will determine who wins the Electoral College majority.
- Review the craziness that has made 2020 a unique political year.
- And he will probably make some predictions.
Come prepared to ask questions!
Bruce Hoffbauer is a candidate for Hamilton County Sheriff in November 2020. After hearing from both of the Democratic candidates for Sheriff in our Spring Semester it is time to hear from the Republican candidate. Bruce Hoffbauer began his 34 year career as a law enforcement professional in 1985 as a Hamilton County Deputy Sheriff. He was initially assigned to the Corrections Division. Since then Bruce has served the City of Cincinnati in over a dozen different roles in several districts.
Bruce’s assignments have included the uniform patrol force, traffic unit investigator, relief supervisor, relief commander, Special Events Unit, Vortex Unit (in partnership with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office), and Police Academy Commander. Hoffbauer will join EmpowerU from 7:05-7:25 PM to discuss the importance of the Hamilton County Sheriff and how he compares to the person he is running against Charmaine McGuffey.
Alfred J Tuchfarber, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Political Science – University of Cincinnati
Owner – Tuchfarber Political-Economics, LLC, Blogger – TuchfarberReport.com
- Al Tuchfarber is an academic and entrepreneur who has had a successful career as a teacher, researcher, senior administrator, campaign manager, political analyst, organizational strategist, and writer.
- He holds a PhD in political science and has well over 100 publications.
- Al’s intellectual and practical interests are very wide-ranging. He has spent his career both in the arena of ideas but also in the “real-world” where the rubber hits the road…where things must work.
- Areas of special interest to him are American politics and political-economics, global politics and global political-economics, political polling, campaign and organizational strategies, demographics, and societal change.
- Tuchfarber founded the Ohio Poll and directed it for a quarter century. The Poll established a remarkable record for accuracy in predicting elections and has been rated one of the nations best.
- Al brings that experience and skill-set to his weekly blog — the Tuchfarber Report, as well as to his consulting, speaking, and writing.
- His predictions are 80 to 95% accurate because they are based on facts, data, history and common sense…NOT on ideology, partisanship, or hopes.
As a political-economic analyst and author of the Tuchfarber Report, Al brings you insights and forecasts that you will not find elsewhere.